Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Broken Dreams

I walk alone. I walk alone. I look at people, they see me, but they don't really see me.
broken glass, cracked cement, split wood under my broken feet.
Lights are turned on as other lights burn out.
I walk alone. I walk alone. I'm walking, I'm running, I'm walking my life away.

I talk and no one's listening. I smile and no one sees. I'm frozen in time.
I'm frozen in my own life.
The place is empty, no one's around
Why am I alone?
My shoes are tied tight, so I'll be okay on my journey as I walk alone.

I laugh and no one's laughing with me cause I'm alone

I'm in pain and the invisible people become visible and join in.
People hear my pain, feel my sorrow, but never show joy.
They are alone.
My broken dreams are never mended.
I'm walking, alone.


4 comments:

  1. "I look at people, they see me, but they don't really see me."

    Do people get to see the real you on first impressions? Or are they just seeing a piece of the greatest puzzle ever?

    Complications? Exciting Secrets? Don't know. Great post though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this, especially the "broken feet" part. It was a little unexpected, but it made me want to keep reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "My shoes are tied tight." I like that a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I talk and no one's listening. I smile and no one sees." i love the feeling you get from this sentence, it shows exactly what it is to be alone. great writing

    ReplyDelete